Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of adjusting your website to improve its visibility online. The process of making adjustments will involve incorporating search engine friendly elements into a website. The use of SEO can be organic which is all-natural, or paying a company to do the SEO on your behalf.
Before you can get to hire any company to do your SEO work, take the time to learn about their services and ability to handle SEO projects. Other features include checking to see if the company has a great online reputation when it comes to delivering on their promises.
Types of SEO
Below are the important types of SEO you can expect in the industry today.
i. White Hat SEO
The white hat SEO is when you use SEO marketing techniques that help to improve the website search engine performance without going against the guidelines offered by the search engines. You can expect to gain more strides with your SEO marketing if you decide to follow the white hat method.
White Hat SEO techniques include things like:
– Use of high quality content
– HTML optimization and restructuring
– High quality link acquisition
– Better manual research on the SEO techniques
With this method, you cannot expect it to be all-smooth. There will be a gradual growth in your SEO standings, but expect long lasting growth in the rankings.
ii. Black Hat SEO
People who love to exploit the weaknesses of a search engine algorithm use Black Hat SEO. By doing this, a person will gain better ranking without doing a lot of work. These methods will of course have some conflicts with the search engine’s guidelines on how things should be done. The black hat techniques that people might use include the following.
– The use of keyword stuffing
– Link spamming
– Use of hidden links
Mostly you will get fast improvements in your website rankings, but all this will be short lived. Not many websites will last for long if they continually use the black hat methods. Your website might end up being banned from the search engines.
What SEO can do for you if implemented correctly
SEO is quite important than what most people would agree. Here are some of the things you can expect if SEO marketing is implemented correctly.
– The search engine friendliness of the website will be improved. Your website will start to rank better on search engines. That is what you would want especially if you run a business.
– Get to improve your website ranking for specific keywords. This will keep your website at the top for several months to years sometimes.
– By using black hat methods, you will end up spending a lot more money on recurrent services to keep your website on top. When used the correct way, no more paying for SEO marketing for a while.
– With a successful linking campaign, your new website is likely to start ranking better than what you had expected. Take the time to work on your links rather than having spammy links.
By Sam Littleton